Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 not making or receiving calls

My iPhone 6 works great...as a iPod. I bought it in November and just recently (late February) the phone will not receive or make calls...most of the time. When calling someone, the phone churns and then says, "Call Failed". When someone tries to call me, it will ring once or twice in their ear, and then goes to voicemail. On my end, it never rings or registers a missed call. I have NO way of knowing someone is trying to reach me. The frustrating thing is that it works 1 out of 5 times.

We have tried everything we know to try. Reset Network Settings, Reset all Settings, Erase all content and settings, wiped it clean and restored, turned off Voice LTE (now Data Only), replaced SIM Card through AT&T (3 times)...

This happens at various locations with various network strengths. It happens with 4G and LTE. It happens with Full Bars.

I have spent HOURS on the phone (my other phone) with AT&T and no improvement or solution. We live 3 hours from an AT&T store and Apple Store.

AT&T told us that the iPhone 6 is chewing through SIM cards. Hopefully Apple is on the case and resolves this. Please hurry up and get this fixed or let us know why we have an overpriced iPod.

iPhone 6, 64 GB, iOS 8.2

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, AT&T

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 2:16 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 10:49 PM in response to Erik Gtrog

If you did not try that already and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone. If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider. Your device is still under warranty, so, if you can't make it to the Apple Store, call Apple Support and send it in.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

iPhone 6 not making or receiving calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.