Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very Slow Rendering

Hi so I asked this question quite a while back, but haven't really used Final Cut since and I honestly doubt I'm going to get any responses on that old thread lol. Anyway, for some reason I'm experiencing extremely slow rendering times in Final Cut Pro 7. Even the most minimal changes can take a really long time. I didn't always have this problem, it just started happening out of nowhere.

It's also worth mentioning hat I'm not exactly proficient with this program, so any technical terms or specs may have to be explained to me.

Please help as soon as you can.

Thank you 🙂

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:31 PM

2 replies

Apr 6, 2015 3:56 PM in response to MT829

Just to clear up Hyphen's question...where does your footage come from? What camera? How did you import it? Did you convert it to a video format that FCP works with? Or did you just bring in the camera footage raw...unprocessed? FCP only works with specific formats...for HD, ProRes 422 is the main format. Not many cameras shoot that, and FCP doesn't work with most camera formats raw....they need to be converted. HOW depends on what format you shot...with what camera.

Also...what are your sequence settings? Go to the Sequence menu and choose SETTINGS, and let us know.

Very Slow Rendering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.