Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't redeem Apple store card?

I purchased my Apple store gift card at Safeway just today at 12:30 PM or so on Tuesday April 1st 2015 please tell me this is not some April Fool's joke because it is a bad one if it is. the card I purchased could be loaded from $25 -$500 U.S.D. and I put $40.00 on it and brought it home and I tried to use my camera to redeem the card but it keeps giving me this "ERROR: you must enter a valid code" message.

what's going on? please tell me this is not some juvenile April fool's prank? it would be very inappropriate if it was. anyhow I will try to be patient but in the past when I waited to redeem my card amount or if I didn't use the entire amount right away, some of it ended up being spent without my being the one spending it.

what's going on Apple? please start being more reliable?! Thank you for any help you can offer.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:16 PM

An Apple Store card is not an iTunes store card.

An Apple Store card is for use in purchasing hardware from the Apple Store. You cannot use it on iTunes.

6 replies

Apr 1, 2015 3:29 PM in response to roaminggnome

I'm not using it for the itunes music store but in the past I have used an APPLE store card as well and the app store but usually I do purchase the itunes gift cards and I have been able to add funds to my account either way and once the funds are in my account I use them how I want to only with the apple online products and it never gave me this problem before. it says for use only at apple retail AND ONLINE store. if this is in fact a separate card from the cards used to make purchases through my iOS device than I want a full refund from apple and I want them to be more direct about what card is for what device.

why do they have to have a separate card for a separate device when the same company makes all of these?

that's either false advertising or very sneaky marketing and it's confusing when there is a wall of apple gift cards and the app store and the itunes store cards can be used interchangeably but the apple store cards can't??? that is too confusing and it doesn't make sense. especially when now companies say "oh bring your gift cards from xxxxxx where ever from whatever store and redeem them for rewards or turn them into currency". even if Apple hasn't done that yet they still need to simplify their cards so that one card can be used on any of their technological products. it's too much of a headache otherwise for me to purchase these cards only to find out I purchased the wrong one or have to use a specific one for a specific apple device. that's a headache. it turns customers off. seriously.

Apr 1, 2015 3:46 PM in response to roaminggnome

than Apple needs to stop selling their "Apple store cards" in any place that isn't specifically a computer store and not at the grocery stores or next to Itunes gift cards and no the App store and the Itunes stores is not the same thing even if it should be. App store sells like ios games and itunes is strictly music and if they are going to treat those as the same thing than they should do the same for the APPLE store.

Apple store cards should not be sold next to itunes or app store cards, it is misleading and Apple should know better by now. but then I should expect apple to be sneaky with their marketing schemes and remember that they are very anti-customer. I really do not like being mislead this way.

if Apple store cards are only for the mac iphone or the ipad than they should ONLY be sold where those devices are sold but not in common grocery stores or gas stations. it is misleading and I do not see why Apple can't give me customer satisfaction and add the funds which I already paid for to my itunes account tax free as it should be the full amount I paid and an apology for their sneaky marketing on top of that. only some of their cards are colorful but the ones I usually buy are white with a dark silver print on them and they are sold next to each other.

customer satisfaction should always come first. any company that does not ensure their customers satisfaction is a bad one. probably doing things that aren't legal or is simply not reliable. apple has never been reliable. I should have known better than to buy this. and your attitude is not helping any. I'm not looking for a fellow customer apple fan with an attitude against people that complain against a company that is ruining customer experience. I want someone to show me some actual customer support.

Apr 19, 2015 12:14 PM in response to 3d orihime

I'm sorry the other guy (RoamingGnome) wasn't very nice. I certainly found your post helpful and necessary for us (your fellow iTunes users) to read and hear about! I found your post just a few days after this same problem happened to me. So thank you for sharing your story (and frustration) because I had the same feelings and didn't feel so alone in my anger. I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one this happened to. It seems late March or early April 2015 is when the Apple Store cards began appearing on store shelves (like you said, located right next to iTunes cards on a large wall of gift cards). It's certainly confusing! I was upset when this happened to me, and planned on driving 30 minutes to the closest mall with an Apple Store (hoping to buy an iTunes card there with the Apple Store card I mistakenly purchased). But then I learned today that Apple Stores (including their Online Store) won't allow you to purchase a gift card with a gift card. BUT THANKFULLY Live Chat told me they'll let me exchange my Apple Store card for an iTunes card if I call Apple Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 ... I will be doing that, and hoping you (or someone else reading this and having the same problem) will also! 🙂 🙂 🙂

can't redeem Apple store card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.