Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Final Cut Pro X, how can I paste my Correction 2 changes into another clip, without including Correction 1?

In Final Cut Pro X, I did a color correction using Correction 1, and now I'm going to grade using Correction 2. How can I paste my Correction 2 changes into another clip without including Correction 1?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 2:21 PM

8 replies

Apr 3, 2015 6:50 AM in response to akibo1

I guess I'm lost i translation .... :

User uploaded file

clip #1 got a blueiish CC, clip #2 a more sunny one.

when I copy/shift-paste color attibutes form #2 to #1, the orignal 'blueish' ones are completely overwirtten, look at the 'pucks' in the Color Board.

akibo1 wrote:

… How can I paste my Correction 2 changes into another clip without including Correction 1?

It IS without correction #1...?

Or do we talk about this feature:

User uploaded file

correction level 1-5 ...?

you can switch off each 'level' by hitting the blue botton (it doesn't look like a button, but believe me it works like a button ...)

note2myself:

What the heck is my son doing in our garage????

He says "just playing" ... hmmmm?

Apr 8, 2015 1:13 PM in response to akibo1

@Karsten Schlüter

I think akibo1 wants to be able to select which of the color corrections she/he has done to paste.

The only workaround I know is to turn the color correction you don’t want off before coping. This does the job but still pastes the other color correction.

Although not activated.

Apr 9, 2015 3:30 AM in response to Fleak

Fleak wrote:

@Karsten Schlüter

I think akibo1 wants to be able to select which of the color corrections she/he has done to paste.

The only workaround I know is to turn the color correction you don’t want off before coping. This does the job but still pastes the other color correction.

Although not activated.

Or better still turn if off *after* pasting. This way you don't have to go back to the original to turn it on again.

In Final Cut Pro X, how can I paste my Correction 2 changes into another clip, without including Correction 1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.