Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD Temperature Late 2013 27" iMac

Just ran diskwarrior and these are the results for my SSD:

Starting new test on...

Device: APPLE SSD SD0128F

Serial Number: 1339A1400964

Type: SATA Device

When: Wed Apr 1 15:12:16 PDT 2015

The hard drive's built-in temperature sensor indicates an above normal temperature of 147.2 F (64 C), this might indicate a failure or pending failure that could result in loss of data.

Test completed.

Starting new test on...

Device: APPLE HDD ST1000DM003

Serial Number: S1DF0MF2

Type: SATA Device

When: Wed Apr 1 15:12:26 PDT 2015

This hard drive's built-in S.M.A.R.T. diagnostics indicate the drive is functioning normally.

Test completed.

Is something wrong with my SSD?

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:16 PM

4 replies

Apr 1, 2015 5:32 PM in response to Rudegar

Basically any electronic OR mechanical process produces heat, unless it's a chemical endothermic process... otherwise it would defy thermodynamics lol. Anyway, SSD's aren't hot because other components are heating them, although that does add to their temperature. They heat themselves just fine on their own. Here is a picture of my current temps:

User uploaded file

That's around 61 deg C, so a little better now. I believe my iMac has a 128GB SSD by Samsung, which lists a max operating temp of 70 deg C, so I guess I'm technically in range in that case.

Also, the SMART status was referencing the standard hard disk that is part of the fusion drive on the iMac.

SSD Temperature Late 2013 27" iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.