Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iMessage not working all of a sudden?????

Has anyone been having issue with iMessage today? Any fix or information would be greatly appreciated.

Mine has been acting up all day like this. Was perfectly fine last night. Grey bubble for texts sent to me, and blue bubbles when I send text to iPhone users. However, starting this morning, without doing anything different to my phone other then texting, it was green bubbles when I send to iPhone users. And no replies ALL DAY. I texted Android users I know, and they received my texts, and I received theirs. Just when I got home from work, I finally received a text from my brother. But when I replied back, it was still a green bubble. But he tells me, it's blue for him when he sends to other iPhone users. Yes, iMessage is turned on. Short of resetting my phone to factory, I've done all the troubleshooting involved with fixing iMessage issues. All of it. No luck. And I am NOT going to reset my phone, when it was working just fine. Plus, resetting my phone which I've done many times on other iPhones I've owned, worked maybe 40% of the time. Not worth the hassle for me.

Apple...it just doesn't work.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 3:42 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Eric Shawn2

It seems to have resolved itself. There's definitely something wrong with my phone or account. My texts have been in green bubbles since yesterday. Then this morning, a friend texted me (an iPhone user), I replied back and the bubble was green (as I would expect). He replied back. On my second reply though, the bubble was blue. And it's been blue in the rest of our text convo. So I decided to text my bro, and another friend. Like the first guy, my first text was green bubble, then blue after that. And it's stayed blue. It's as if my phone was purging all green bubbles to make room for blue ones. lol

I'm guessing something was/is wrong with the iMessage servers, and some accounts are being affected. Slowly but surely the affected people are starting to be able to use them again. If this is the case, I wish that Apple were more transparent with their issues. None of the "secrecy" crap they are notorious for.

Why is iMessage not working all of a sudden?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.