Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After starting batch in Compressor = Error 3

Hello!

First the details of my set-up:

* iMac late 2012; OS X Yosemite v. 10.10.2; 8GB mem,; 2.9 GHz Intel processor

* FCPX v. 10.1.14

* Compressor v. 4.1.3

Up until now I've had no problems using FCPX or Compressor, and I've had no trouble exporting via FCPX to Compressor. And I've had no trouble starting batches or completing them in Compressor.

That changed today, however. I tried exporting a tiny video (maybe 16 seconds) from FCPX to Compressor. That part worked fine. But when adjusting my settings in Compressor and clicking "start batch", I received an "error 3" after only a few seconds of the file uploading. So I tried starting another batch using the standard pre-set settings (I believe it was MPEG-2), and got yet another error, though not "3" - this time it simply said "failed"

I'm completely lost on a fix. Compressor was working fine one week ago. I have not installed/uninstalled/uploaded/downloaded anything between then and now, so I doubt that's the source of the problem.

I was planning on burning a 4-hour DVD of footage but I can't do that without Compressor. I'm desperate! Any and all help is appreciated!

Compressor, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 4:45 PM

3 replies

After starting batch in Compressor = Error 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.