Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore after OS X erase and install

I need to do a clean erase and reinstall of Yosemite and my apps. How do I preserve my iBooks CONTENT and SETTINGS after reinstalling?

I have books that I have downloaded from many sources and added to iBooks and I have collections etc.

When I login to my iCloud account, I do not see that app there, but I know it syncs with my iPad so I am wondering where the data is stored and if I just need to login to my apple account and all of that data will be there? Or is that just because it is on my Mac now?

Thanks,

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 4:01 PM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2015 4:55 PM in response to Niel

I was going to reinstall all of my apps individually rather than have the setup assistant install all of the applications (I thought it was an all or none). I have a Mac that has been through several Migration Assistants over many years from many Macs and it has been a slowoly getting worse problem and I have been adviced by Apple tech support to do this and I feel it is wise at this point. 9I have remnants of apps from OS9 on my Mac and lots of apps come and gone and some uninstalled improperly, etc.)

I have Time Machine and planned to copy over whatever files I need to, mostly from ~/Library/... but in the case of iBooks, I just don't know how that app works and where the data is and the settings are stored. And as I said, it may with this app be as simple as logging into my Apple account and it is all stored in the cloud somehow.

restore after OS X erase and install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.