Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen Iphone

My iPhone was just stolen. The phone is lock and I put lost mode on it. Can the person that stole it still get in it by plugging it to the computer or any other way? If I erase the whole phone, can the police still track it by the serial number? I don't want them to get in my in any kind of way.

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:27 PM

If there is a passcode, they will not be able to access the data. If they attempt to restore the phone, it will get locked by Activation lock. Since you put it into Lost mode, that will make it even harder. If you wipe the phone, it will make it impossible for you to track, unless they connect it to wi-fi. While the police could verify the serial number if they had possession of the phone, then cannot track it online using the serial number.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 5:27 PM in response to 808Jnasty

If there is a passcode, they will not be able to access the data. If they attempt to restore the phone, it will get locked by Activation lock. Since you put it into Lost mode, that will make it even harder. If you wipe the phone, it will make it impossible for you to track, unless they connect it to wi-fi. While the police could verify the serial number if they had possession of the phone, then cannot track it online using the serial number.

Stolen Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.