Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help editing Text in compositions?

Hello fellow apple users, I recently got Apple Motion and I was having trouble when I was attempting an intro. I was wondering if any of you all can help me.

Specifically, under

>Compositions

>Decoding

Was the intro I was toying around with, and the text boxes didn't change to the words and letters I wanted. As seen here http://puu.sh/gYia4/f156f6393a.png I typed in the sample word "Apple" in the bottom left, and came out with "Bqqne". I've tried to edit directly within the video and out side in the inspector formatting for this source, and i cant seem to get the right words i want to see. Any help and feedback would be greatly accepted, thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 4:54 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 8:28 PM in response to Community User

Set your cursor out to where the text is stabilized, about 14 seconds. Open the text elements group and select 'TITLE HERE' layer in layers panel. Then double click on the text in the viewer and type in your text. Follow same procedure for other text layers you want. The sequence text behavior was causing your problem so you need to edit after it has completed.

Help editing Text in compositions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.