Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep receiving calls that say...."NO CALLER ID"

HHow do I call someone to where it reads NO CALLER ID?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:22 PM

If your carrier permits it, you should have an option in Settings. Go to Settings>Phone>Show My Caller ID. Again, not all carriers allow this to be changed on the phone, you would have to call your carrier to check if you do not see the option where I told you.

11 replies

Apr 2, 2015 2:10 AM in response to Bone crusher9669

Bone crusher9669 wrote:

HHow do I call someone to where it reads NO CALLER ID?

There are really several different issues at work.

• A caller can block sending their caller ID - you have no options here
  • You may not have caller ID enabled, as ChrisJ explains
  • For the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus with Verizon, AT&T, any MVNO that uses these networks, and a lot of networks in other countries, there is a problem in the network that prevents caller ID from getting to your phone. The carrier must fix this.

For the last condition there is a serious bug in some network switches at the carrier associated with the rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE). The iPhone 6 series is the first phone to support VoLTE; basically, all voice actually goes over the LTE data network. The problem is that the VoLTE implementation in the network switch is incompatible with some Voice over IP (VoIP) office systems, specifically VoIP Private Branch Exchange (PBX) switches that have not been updated to the latest standards.

If ChrisJ's suggestion does not resolve the problem you must call your carrier and ask them to deprovision VoLTE on your account. While there is a switch to turn it off on the phone this is usually not sufficient, as the problem is upstream from your phone. Not all carrier CSRs are aware of how to do this; you may have to ask for escalation to Tier 2 support.

Apr 2, 2015 6:55 AM in response to Bone crusher9669

I've already answered. ANYONE can block their caller ID from being sent when they make a call. Even you can do it.

The one caller that gives the no caller id message is using a phone that is incompatible with VoLTE, or they have blocked sending caller ID. If they are blocking their caller ID you can ask them to unblock it. If they refuse there is nothing you can do about it. To call them all you have to do is dial their number using the dial pad. Presumably you know who they are, so you can create a contact for them in the Contacts app and use that to call them. If you call them frequently you can make it a Favorite in the Phone app.

If the problem is with VoLTE call your carrier and ask them to remove the VoLTE feature from your account.

Apr 2, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Bone crusher9669

You have to ask AT&T that. I know their switch can do it, but it's a policy question of if they will. However, if they add this feature you will never get a call from any phone that does not send caller ID. Is that what you want? Note that they may also charge for the service.

I know they DO have a parental controls feature that only allows calls from and to a list of numbers that you provide.

I keep receiving calls that say...."NO CALLER ID"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.