Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I log into Time Capsule to delete old computers?

My 2T AirPort Time Capsule says it's about full. I want to go in and delete a couple of old computers that I no longer own to free up memory in the Time Capsule. Anyone have a step-by-step for this in OS X 10.10.2?

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:24 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 8:55 PM in response to byerstexas

Just go to finder and locate the TC drive.. if it doesn't show up in finder you might need to manually mount it.

1. Use Go, Connect to server.

2. Type in SMB://10.0.1.1 (replace with the actual IP of the TC you get from the airport utility).

3. When the Mac locates the share it will request a password .. this is the standard password to access the TC unless you set a disk access.. type it in and save to the keychain.

4. Open the hard disk and locate the sparsebundle for each computer you no longer want and select delete.. the actual deletion takes many hours.. the bigger the file the longer it takes.

5.. If you don't really need any of the old backups it can be faster to simply erase the disk.. a fast erase takes a min or two.. then do a fresh backup from all the computers that connect.

How can I log into Time Capsule to delete old computers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.