Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an old iPod touch It is 6.1.6, i would like to add a new icloud account but it can't let me. this iPod touch belonged to another person and i don't know where is he can you tell me please how to add a new icloud account??

I bought an old iPod touch It is 6.1.6, i would like to add a new icloud account but it can't let me. this iPod touch belonged to another person and i don't know where is he can you tell me please how to add a new icloud account??

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, i can't add a new icloud account :(

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 5:58 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 8:30 AM in response to FoxFifth

The 4G/iOS 6 does not have an Activation Lock. That started with iOS 7.

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.