Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plz help: can i type Chinese using Apple wireless keyboard????

Kind of struggling whether should i buy a wireless keyboard for my ipad air 2 as i may have lotta word job related to Chinese and French, and i know that French is okay with the English keyboard, at least much eaiser than typing Chinese characters.

So the real concern is, can i type Chinese with the wireless keyboard without any problem?

I've seen some solutions (all didn't mention if it has been proved yet or not so i automatically assume they are all just beautiful hypotheses) posted in the community claiming you just need go to settings then select the international language you wanna use, and you will be all set (in both virtual and external keyboard)----is that true??? Pleeeease help, thousands of thanks 🙂

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 6:56 PM

3 replies

Apr 4, 2015 10:42 AM in response to Chloe Violette

Hi Chloe Violette,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to use the Apple Wireless Keyboard with English letters to type characters in different languages. This can be done by changing the import sources to type in other languages, including Chinese. For information on this process, please refer to the attached article.

OS X Yosemite: Use input sources to type in other languages

Best regards,

Joe

Apr 4, 2015 11:07 AM in response to AppleJoe

joe_7399 wrote:

OS X Yosemite: Use input sources to type in other languages

You seem to have posted in the wrong forum. This question and forum are about typing on the iPad, so info about Yosemite will not be of any use.

This question is also a duplicate the answered one at

Plz help: Can i type Chinese using an Apple English wireless keyboard?

Plz help: can i type Chinese using Apple wireless keyboard????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.