Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I import idvd back to imovie?

How do I erase audio on idvd project? Looking to separate audio from video, and apply new audio. Using 10.6.8 macbook air, Processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Using imovie 11, 9.0.4, idvd 7.1.2. Could not import to imovie. I am grateful to all suggestions.

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 6:31 PM

10 replies

Apr 2, 2015 3:02 PM in response to IT'S HAPPENING

Okay, I think I understand your problem. Just to be perfectly clear are you saying that you have NO iMovie project that this iDVD file was made from? Did it get deleted?

You see, in every single instance, every time I had an iDVD project I also have the iMovie project.

http://apple-imovie.wonderhowto.com/how-to/remove-detach-audio-from-video-imovie -413334/

Apr 2, 2015 8:04 PM in response to IT'S HAPPENING

Okay, this can still be done.

A DVD is a highly compressed video format. However, tools do exist to uncompress it and get it into an editable file. I've had to do this myself on a couple of occasions when the only thing people had was a DVD.

The software below is what I use. It will create a video file that should load into QuickTime 7 or QuickTime Pro, allowing you to eliminate the audio as described by Old Toad above.

I use it with iMovie 06 (and a few times with iMovie 11) and iDVD 11. It has several modes of converting the data. One mode is called "lossless".

http://www.amazon.com/Miraizon-10121201-Cinematize-2-Mac/dp/B0006AAO96/ref=cm_cr _pr_pb_t

By the way, I am pretty good with movie editing using iMovie HD 06 and sometimes the newer versions of iMovie. Old Toad is a much better expert than I regarding video. He has helped me countless times. However, others here can help you as well. Unfortunately, the iDVD section is not visited as often as it used to be. Once you have a working video file you might try posting in the iMovie or QuickTime areas as these are visited more often by experts.

Apr 5, 2015 8:52 AM in response to IT'S HAPPENING

When you go into iDVD's Project ➙ Project Info... menu option

User uploaded file

where is the movie shown to be located?

User uploaded file

Unless you can find the original movie file that was added to the iDVD project you will not be able to edit the file to separate the audio and video portions.

If the movie is in iDVD then it has to be somewhere on your hard drive unless you created an iDVD archive project where all movie files are copied into the project file. Normally iDVD does not copy the movie file into the iDVD project file/package but only links to the file wherever it was imported from.

How can I import idvd back to imovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.