Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with battery and home button replacement programme

Hi!

I've just found out I'm eligible for iPhone 5 battery and home button replacement programme. I have replaced screen after it broke, 2 months ago in an unauthorised service. Every single authorised service I've called refuses to replace them for free with an explanation that my phone is no longer eligible for free batt. and home button replacement due to unauthorised screen replacement that leads to warrantee loss .

My iPhone's warrantee has expired long time ago, since I've bought it in 2013. , but this mistake was made in a factory, prior to my screen replacement. What shall I do?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 6:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 9:27 PM in response to EpilepticaEnterBlitzman

EpilepticaEnterBlitzman wrote:

Every single authorised service I've called refuses to replace them for free with an explanation that my phone is no longer eligible for free batt. and home button replacement due to unauthorised screen replacement that leads to warrantee loss .

Yes, that is correct. You can try asking if you can pay to replace the screen and see if they will then handle the other issues. But, I doubt they'll agree.

Issues with battery and home button replacement programme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.