Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it ok to spam in Korean?

I have sent two notes to the host via the report post facility. My use of google translate indicate that one these korean posts is spam. I'm guessing all the rest are spam. Looking at a post you see a lot redundant characters. All are still there. Maybe it's all - 2. Any ideas of why? Maybe my notes didn't make it clear that there are many more.

Anyway see:

iPad in Business and Education

User uploaded file

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, null

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:03 PM

The spammers have been more than busy and anyone who sees one of the posts, report it immediately - best to include "mass spammer". The hosts have been removing, adding spam filters, and cleaning up for several days now and the attacks still keep coming. I just reported one of the posts in the forum you provided a link to.

64 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 9:03 PM in response to rccharles

The spammers have been more than busy and anyone who sees one of the posts, report it immediately - best to include "mass spammer". The hosts have been removing, adding spam filters, and cleaning up for several days now and the attacks still keep coming. I just reported one of the posts in the forum you provided a link to.

Apr 1, 2015 9:03 PM in response to rccharles

The hosts are removing these posts as fast as they can. They are being reported by many people here. Sometimes the mass spamming becomes so heavy that the all of the forums are flooded with them. Be assured that they are working on getting them removed as fast as possible.

Some nights I just give up. I come here because I enjoy helping, but I do not enjoy trying to pick out a single valid post stuffed between 20 spam posts. So, I just sign off until tomorrow. But I do know the hosts are working as quickly as they can to get rid of them.

Cheers,

GB

Apr 2, 2015 7:38 AM in response to rccharles

Robert

I was doing some reporting there in "iPad for Business and Education" periodically as I was participating in a school IT OP's thread(*) that got mistakenly put in "Using iPad".

There were 9 full pages of SPAM from a number of AppleIDs. I'd report one, adding that the forum was full of SPAM. That ONE would go away, but the rest remained. I went to the last one reported it (again with adding the FULL part), it ALONE would disappear.

After several go rounds like this, the post started disappearing from the 'earliest' (p.9) toward latest (p.1). I would have worked backwards from p.1, but alas...

I figured that there was likely so much there in all the forums (did not check around) that the Hosts were doing their best.

(*) It was only after the SPAM was cleared that the thread got moved from one forum to the other.

buenos dias, amigo

ÇÇÇ

Apr 2, 2015 11:52 AM in response to rccharles

When you open a Content window in ASC that is neutral and not product/sofware dedicated

you can read all of the then-current Content; I keep that window open whilst reporting each

single spam or phishing email. If an author has the same alias online, you can report the

latest one(s) sometimes for best effect. Especially when some of these individuals posted

many of the same kind of content in one discussions area, such as iPhone, etc.

When I'm visiting ASC discussions, my browser can have up to three or four windows open.

Then the refresh time to return to main pages, section pages, and recent content, that I am

looking into, do not take so long. Also redundant page loading is kept to a minimum, so are

the instances of using up limited monthly bandwidth (if possible) as these pages reload slow.

For most of these with URL or web page addresses in them, it remains easy to determine

they were likely all spam without translation; they were advertisement or phishing no doubt.

So many of my reporting on each one, via my method, (as late as 2AM local time) allowed

me to be among the first to report. Given zero or one visits were shown per each, then.

The later korean-styled multiple posts of URLs and other characters, icons, etc, have been

different than the indian-styled ones with religious themes, in that there are many more new

user names involved; suggesting perhaps a group is actively attempting to mess with the

servers or slow/stop ASC site. Or, someone has devised a semi-automated method of pre-

selecting several targets, pre-registering several new ASC user account names, then go &

launch multiples from several apparent sources on or about the same time.

Since I'm often among the first due to my time zone to see some of these, when there may

not be hosts in abundance to attempt to stop their untoward influence on these ASC pages,

I generally can tell when a culling is underway; some of my cached browser window items

start to show they were removed when I go to report them. Going back one page, from one

I had open for awhile will show my old cached first-page, as the current second-page, etc...

So I thought to offer this situational information as a method to work on a few of these at

a time, and try to not repeat reporting of similar ones, where they exist. These people are

getting a bit smarter at posting these kinds of topics in ASC discussion areas.

And, yes. It appears to be OK to phish or spam in any language for a limited time, so long

as they can get away with it. Since when I report these at late/early hours there usually

are few visitor counts per post, I suspect they are not being culled as quickly those hours.

By following a method, that also works when I formulate a reply to some real questions, it

is possible to selectively choose a target in time; a page will be there later when I get to it.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

edited 2x

Apr 2, 2015 12:39 PM in response to FoxFifth

My recollection of my observation of the 9 pages of them in "iPad for Business and Education" forum was that they were a burst of a group of posts from one AppleID, then switched to another AppleID and so on - from the wee hours to ±09:30 (my time CDT-US). This could have been done by a single, well organized person, as it happened over ±7 hours in a low traffic(?) forum..

Using a multiple clipboard add-on to one's browser

Click new - discussion > paste title > paste body > pick a forum > Save > NEXT!

I could envision one post per minute with me doing it with my setup. get a group of folks doing the same thing in various forums = deluge - particularly middle of the night US time when graveyard Host shift is on. Overwhelming!

BTW, Hosts are very likely the Apple Job Description "At Home Advisor" - common parlance = tele-commute - especially graveyard. (there are 26 of these job listings in my state currently on jobs.apple.com)

ÇÇÇ

Apr 3, 2015 11:22 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

I, My Ownself, ChitlinsCC wrote:

SNIP ...

I could envision one post per minute with me doing it with my setup. ...

endSNIP

As ya'll may be aware, SPAMmer hit again this AM in Using ASC. Time span between posts was about 4-5 minutes.

Not very efficient if you ask me... must be switching between browser and external text editor documents for Titles & content to paste(?)

User uploaded file

After the first spate, the SPAMmer took a bit of a break then went at it again with a different AppleID.Same approx. time span between posts.

It happened again but I was busy with other stuff and did not notice new usernames or spans

Apr 3, 2015 11:31 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

They must be slowing down, the ones I looked at the other day were every minute (although I suspect they were every 30 seconds). Do remember they are spamming several forums at one time. I seriously doubt this effort if from "a SPAMmer", this is going to be from a company that is paid to do this. At the end of the month they report to whoever hired them how many they blasted out. In some cases these really are a hidden way to actually attack sites, the Koreans and Chinese are both adept at this. If this is the case I'm sure Apple and Jive are in touch with the authorities just like Sony eventually was.

There is no "break" unless computers now need breaks for some reason. These are being triggered by a computer in a central location and probably no one is even there. My guess is they are unleashing the spam from compromised computers all over the world, and just a few and not in sequence from each one. This is pretty typical of this type of spam now.

Apr 3, 2015 11:34 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Instead of saying it's spam in report abuse to the hosts, I picked edit text. I figured this would encourage the host to read the message. Perhaps the host was just on autopilot and deleting the post from the title of the spam report. Don't know if this helped, but the Korean spam disappeared in iPad in Business and Education

Robert

Is it ok to spam in Korean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.