Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I add a pointer/arrow to a quicktime video in windows quicktime pro?

I am trying to add a arrow symbol to point a player out in a volleyball video. The arrow would appear for a couple seconds above the player. I am using Windows Quicktime Pro.

Thanks.

Windows 8

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 6:56 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 2:59 PM in response to ckado

I am trying to add a arrow symbol to point a player out in a volleyball video. The arrow would appear for a couple seconds above the player. I am using Windows Quicktime Pro.

Not a Windows user, but on a Mac to do this in QT 7 Pro, I would probably create an arrow on a transparent background using an appropriate graphic utility and then save it as an alpha-channel image (e.g., PNG). I would then layer the image over the video. If the player you are trying to point out is in constant motion, you would then either have to create a static sequence in the main video during which you could "point out" the player before resuming full motion playback or you could overlay a separate arrow for each frame of video during which you want the player "pointed out" and adjust the arrow's overlaid location as needed for each frame.

NOTE: This is not something I've ever tried but rather is the workflow I'd attempt in lieu of a video editing app that could do this automatically.

User uploaded file

how can I add a pointer/arrow to a quicktime video in windows quicktime pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.