Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos and gaining back storage space

I have deleted 3000 photos on my phone but they are still showing up in my phone's storage. I have seen this same issue posted a multitude of times but no good answers how to fix it. It is causing me a bunch of issues with syncs, etc. Seems like Apple should have some sort of support message for the community but why do that when you can charge $29 a head. Is this the strategy?...Create a problem that generates a support need. I have handed over thousands of my hard earned $$$ to Apple over the last few years. I'm VERY dissapointed that Apple isn't addressing what appears to be a widespread issue. Any idea how solve this without resetting?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:24 PM

This appears to be a bug in the way that the iOS is aging off the Recently Deleted photos.

1. Go to your Recently Deleted Album and manually delete all photos

2. Go to Settings>General>Date & Time and change the date to 9/1/2014

3. Go back into the Photos App and click on the Recently Deleted album (even though it says "0")

4. You should see the Recently Deleted photos that were aged out of the album because they had been there for 30 days

5. Manually delete these photos

That should resolve the issue. Thanks to fellow poster txforever for the solution!

Cheers,

GB

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 8:24 PM in response to Bmilk

This appears to be a bug in the way that the iOS is aging off the Recently Deleted photos.

1. Go to your Recently Deleted Album and manually delete all photos

2. Go to Settings>General>Date & Time and change the date to 9/1/2014

3. Go back into the Photos App and click on the Recently Deleted album (even though it says "0")

4. You should see the Recently Deleted photos that were aged out of the album because they had been there for 30 days

5. Manually delete these photos

That should resolve the issue. Thanks to fellow poster txforever for the solution!

Cheers,

GB

Deleting photos and gaining back storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.