Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell U2413 connection problems

I currently have a Mac Mini which I bought in early 2013. Since then I've been using it with a 32" Bravia TV over HDMI with no issues.

Yesterday I bought a Dell U2413 and tried to connect it via the supplied Mini DP to DP cable but it doesn't work.

I tried a HDMI cable and that does work but being a 1920x1200 monitor and HDMI being limited to 1080 the picture is stretched but at least I now know the screen works.

Any idea on the best cable to use to get it working at full resolution ?

Having looked around the net this is a problem that pops up a lot. If it's unfixable can anyone recommend a 1920x1200 24" that will definitely work with a Mac Mini ?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:32 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 2:23 AM in response to Tsarchasm

The 2012 Mac Mini, the one before the 2014 Mini supports

*This model simultaneously supports 1920x1200 on an HDMI display or a DVI display using the included HDMI-to-DVI adapterand 2560x1600 on a Thunderbolt or Mini DisplayPort display or even a VGA display (with an optional Mini DisplayPort-to-VGA adapter, which is compatible with the Thunderbolt port).

With HDMI try changing the overscan or similar option in Display properties

The best connection is displayport/mini displayport.

Are you sure the cable plugs are fully inserted into their receptacles? Frequently the plug is not fully inserted into the Mac's TB port.

Also make sure that your sectl that input in the monitor's settings

Maybe a bad cable

Try resetting the SMC and PRAM

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

About NVRAM and PRAM

Dell U2413 connection problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.