Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

debit card not accepted/ iTunes/ family sharing

I am trying to set up family sharing. I don't have a credit card and I use a debit card for my iTunes which isn't accepted.

Is there any other way I can prove I am the consenting adult to allow family sharing?

MacBook

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 11:46 PM

Not if you want to create child accounts, a credit card is required by law : Family Sharing and Apple IDs for kids - Apple Support

Before you begin, make sure that you're using a credit card as your iTunes Store and App Store payment method. To comply with child online privacy protection laws, you will use the CVV or security code from a valid credit card as part of providing your parental consent. If the card on file is a debit card or another payment method, you’ll be asked to provide a credit card before you can continue. After you create the child's Apple ID, you can change your payment method back to a debit card.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 11:46 PM in response to drgeeee

Not if you want to create child accounts, a credit card is required by law : Family Sharing and Apple IDs for kids - Apple Support

Before you begin, make sure that you're using a credit card as your iTunes Store and App Store payment method. To comply with child online privacy protection laws, you will use the CVV or security code from a valid credit card as part of providing your parental consent. If the card on file is a debit card or another payment method, you’ll be asked to provide a credit card before you can continue. After you create the child's Apple ID, you can change your payment method back to a debit card.

debit card not accepted/ iTunes/ family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.