Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro does not move past login screen.

Good Evening everyone,

I have a 15-Inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2011 that is currently running Yosemite and while I was using it yesterday, it froze and I proceeded to turn it off. When I turned it back on, the screen was light blueish/grayish and the Apple logo on startup was a dark shade of blue, as well as the avatar picture of my User Account was shaded blue. I then proceeded to enter the password of my User Account and it went on to load about a 25% pf the way and then everything just disappeared and I just had a blank screen.

I called tech support and we tried getting into the computer many different methods and we pressed many different keys and nothing worked. If you guys have any idea what this could be, please let me know. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thank You.

Attached is a picture of the blank screen i get after i enter my password it loads to about 25%User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:43 PM

3 replies

Apr 2, 2015 4:00 AM in response to CMCSK

WWe tried entering through safe mode, so by holding the shift key and nothing it showed the apple logo in that blueish hue and it went directly to the User Account screen, this method didn't work. We also tried to reset the NVRAM and this method did not work either. We couldn't try any of the methods that require the Snow Leopard disk because I don't have the disk on-hand, seems like I lost the disk to reset the computer.

MacBook Pro does not move past login screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.