Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

would buying the 200 GB plan help with my wife's iPhone's space issues?

My wife's iPhone is running out of space, and she can't put all photos, music, and apps on the iOS device any longer. Would buying the 200 GB iCloud storage plan solve the issue? I am imagining it being similar to how Google Play Music doesn't try to download my entire library in the cloud onto my device at once, and how browsers don't keep internet caches forever. ICloud, as I imagine it, would let the OS delete most of my content freeing up space since they are mere copies, or internet caches, of files I already store in the cloud. I haven't actually tried a 200GB plan so I'm not sure how it works. What has other users experiences been like: does the 200 GB automatically help users who have run out of free space?

iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:32 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 3:48 AM in response to kddi

She wouldn't need any additional space to remove some apps from her device and she can always redownload them at anytime from the app store. With music it depends how her library is made up, if all or most of the content has been purchased from iTunes, she can delete that and be able to redownload it from iTunes (no additional data plan needed) at any time. If her library is mainly made up of burns from CD's and other sources, she might be interested in iTunes match which lets the user put contentment into the cloud and download it when ever it's needed. iTunes Match is a separate service from iCloud storage and also requires a computer.

So far as photo's goes, she could use iCloud photo library which puts original photos into the cloud and keeps optimised versions on the device itself which take up little space, they are downloaded as necessary for viewing/editing. iCloud photo library does use

As you can see it very much depends on which type of content is taking up all of her space, which would be the best option for her.

would buying the 200 GB plan help with my wife's iPhone's space issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.