Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AOL login for iTunes has been changed to an inaccessible e-mail address

I was using my AOL account for iTunes (lets call it SCREENNAME@AOL.COM) but as of April 1st it no longer works. Previously I would login with SCREENNAME + my password, now it's saying my ID has been changed to SCREENNAME@AIM.COM. I don't have an AIM account because I had AOL and could access AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) by logging in to my AOL account. Now when I attempt to login it says it's been changed to SCREENNAME@AIM.COM, but when I try to access it the old password doesn't work. When attempting a password recovery Apple sends the e-mail to SCREENNAME@AIM.COM instead of SCREENNAME@AOL.COM. How do I change this?

Also none of the above is my Apple ID, let's say it's APPLEID@GMAIL.COM. When I login to iTunes with APPLEID@GMAIL.COM it shows that I have no App purchases.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:43 PM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2015 7:38 PM in response to Niel

IIs there a way to stop the apps from trying to update while I wait for apple to reply? There are apps that I would like to use but can't because they are stuck waiting to update. Restarting and resetting with the home and power button is useless, and there is no way to stop them in the App Store. I previously had automatic updates enabled but I have since turned that off, however the apps I try to use still just say waiting when I click on them.

Apr 4, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Defy510

3 days later and I finally get a response. The response was basically writing what my question was in a statement then asking if that solved my problem. I am absolutely disgusted by not only the delay in response but the complete lack of attempting to read what my problem is, my iTunes customer support agent simply copied and pasted the information listed here: AOL Usernames can no longer be used with the iTunes Store - Apple Support.

OH, and the issue of apps trying to update themselves is back again for no apparent reason.

My AOL login for iTunes has been changed to an inaccessible e-mail address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.