Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Longevity of Mid-2009 MacBook Pro for future OS X versions

I have a mid-2009 Mac Book Pro and am wondering how many future OS X upgrades my laptop will support? Should I be thinking about buying a new laptop soon or can I expect to stay current with new OS X versions and features for years to come?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), future upgradability

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 4:22 AM

Only Apple knows how much longer the 2009 will be supported - the rest of us won't know until Apple releases information at the developers conference in June. Anything any of us could say is speculation which isn't permitted under the terms of service. From a practical standpoint however I'd suggest that 5.25 to 6 years is a very good run on a notebook computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2015 4:22 AM in response to GregOnAMac

Only Apple knows how much longer the 2009 will be supported - the rest of us won't know until Apple releases information at the developers conference in June. Anything any of us could say is speculation which isn't permitted under the terms of service. From a practical standpoint however I'd suggest that 5.25 to 6 years is a very good run on a notebook computer.

Longevity of Mid-2009 MacBook Pro for future OS X versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.