Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.2 Mirror iPad to pc?

I've searched, and come upon a LOT of old info on how to mirror the iPad screen on to my pc, but none of it works with IOS 8.2 There is no AirPlay on my iPad IOS 8.2, I go to the app store and it's not an option to download, it's like they did away with it in iOS 8.2 ... ???? I've also looked up apps to do this with... doesn't help, Apple doesn't want us to view our screens on our pc's? Why? How can I possibly help an elderly mother learn her iPad if I can't see it? I'm in Michigan and she's in Florida. I thought if I could get her to show a mirror image on her pc, then I could log in with teamviewer and operate it... ?? Can anyone help? Thank you.

iPad 2, iOS 8.2, This is my mom's iPad type

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:05 PM

7 replies

Apr 3, 2015 12:49 PM in response to Megaramsey

Airplay is supported in iOS 8.2. But the Airplay icon will not appear unless there is an Airplay device turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPad. To find the Airplay icon use the Control Center. Swipe up from the very bottom of a Home screen on the iPad to bring up the Control Center. Look for the Airplay icon there. Are you positive that your PC supports Airplay?

Apr 3, 2015 12:53 PM in response to Megaramsey

I do not know the deal with AirPlay.

You should be able to mirror the screen image to her pc then mirror what is on the pc to your pc. Use reflector to pick up the airplay signal on her pc.

You will not be able to 'run' ( tap the screen, enter data etc. ) the ipad remotely. Apple does not allow this.

There is a teamviewer for the ipad. It makes it easy for her to take a screen image then automatically sent to your. You can use the pc version of Teamviewer on your pc's to share the screen image.

All of this may be complicated to set up. May want to try talking her through the ipad apps. It helps to have an ipad yourself to parallel what she is doing.

Do you have skype running on her pc? Could point the camera at the ipad once in awhile to see how she is doing.

Another big production would be to set up an mdm to manager your mothers ipad. This is the 'official' why. Mereki is a free mdm.

Apr 3, 2015 1:24 PM in response to Ralph9430

Thank you Ralph9430, this explains part of the problem. I didn't know AirPlay had to be on another device. So is there a download for a pc to get AirPlay so that this method of mirroring can be done?

Also, been trying Teamviewer, been using that on pc's for some time, but the iPad version only allows me to operate a pc with the iPad, not the other way around. I cannot control the iPad with a pc...

Thank you for your help!

IOS 8.2 Mirror iPad to pc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.