Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How connect DELL U2412M to my MacBook Pro?

I've never had experience with dual-monitor setup with Mac computers though I bought a MacBook Pro in Srping 2012.

The model of my MBP is 13-inch, Late 2011. Here is its specification https://support.apple.com/kb/SP645?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US, from which I see that my MBP has one Thunderbolt port.

I also read OS X Lion: Connect multiple displays to your Mac, but the article seems very old, and I could not get any idea on the detailed procedures as how to do and what I need.

I have a DELL U12412M monitor which supports DVI (and VGA/DP, but I don't think they are useful for a MBP). I think I may need an apapter or something. I'm a software engineer, but I'm almost ignorant of hardware. Please help me, appreciated detailed procedures and instructions. Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 8:47 PM

Okay, it turned out I did it myself and it's extremely easy. I bought an adapter that has a DVI port and thunderbolt port connector. All I did is plug-and-play.

1 reply

How connect DELL U2412M to my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.