Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid Sibling Link

Hello,

I have a computer that seems to be having the common invalid sibling link.

I have a boot camp partition (as a development environment) that can still read the partition in question without a problem.

It seems only one invalid link it present. I have run the fsck and fsck_hfs commands. I am very familiar with unix (and osx) command line.

Is there an alternative to Disk Warrior to fix this sort of error? I would rather not reformat if i can help it.

Also does this actually suggest some degree of hardware failure? (i.e. should i think about replacing the hdd?)

Thanks

James

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 12:42 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 7:28 AM in response to JamesWatTasAus

JamesWatTasAus wrote:

Also does this actually suggest some degree of hardware failure? (i.e. should i think about replacing the hdd?)

Yes. It's time to stop thinking about it and replace it.

As long as you already have a reliable backup you are wasting your time with DiskWarrior because the error will reappear with increasing frequency, until the drive finally becomes completely unreadable and unrepairable. Replace it.

Invalid Sibling Link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.