Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to reinstall os x because I was having issues. I am using a disk but I have tried all other ways. The problem is when it asks me to select the disk where I want to install os x there are no options

OK so Ibe been having issues in start up and I was getting stuck at 50% and freezing. I looked in line for different ways to start up and none of them worked. For some reason I decided to reinstall OS x to see if this works. I had a previous back up from a month ago on hard disk so I went for it.

I have tried 3 ways to reinstall, time machine, on line and disk and the problem that keeps coming up is that there is no destination or disk to install it too.

WHat at have I done wrong? I really need help please.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), iOS 7.0.4, null

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 1:33 AM

5 replies

Apr 2, 2015 2:21 AM in response to Paul_31

I Did a back up on my external HD a little while ago. When I've tried to use that to reinstall the same issue comes up that there is no destination or disk to use on the computer to send it to. When it opens in safe mode it goes straight to install Mac os x and I have the same problem. It's like there is no HD there at all.

I'm trying to reinstall os x because I was having issues. I am using a disk but I have tried all other ways. The problem is when it asks me to select the disk where I want to install os x there are no options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.