Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8.2: WIFI Incorrect Password

Hi All,

I'm facing this problem on my Iphone 6. Even if I type in the correct password it says incorrect password.

1. Tried Network Resetting
  2. Tried Complete Phone factory reset
  3. Tried restarting the router.

I have done through many forums. But couldn't find any answer which helped me.

Please help me solve this issue

Thank you

Vinay

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 12:20 AM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2015 12:54 AM in response to vinay472

Did you already check the Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ?

Can you connect to other Wi-Fi networks?

Did you try to disable the encryption on your router and see if you can connect without using the password?

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the Wi-Fi setup and connection.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Apr 2, 2015 1:21 AM in response to Ingo2711

Ingo2711,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have checked the recommended settings for Wifi.

Yes, I can connect to other WIfi networks

No. I cannot disable the encryption because its in my work place

As you mentioned I had tried resetting my phone with restoring the backup. Still it didn't help me

Ruder,

The SSID is not generic. I'm using the same network in my laptop also.

I'm sure that the password is correct.

Sep 26, 2015 9:40 PM in response to vinay472

I had a problem connecting my iPad Air to my AT&T Unite wireless hotspot. Even though I was 100% positive that I entered the correct wifi password, I repeatedly go an error on the iPad Air saying that the wifi password entered was incorrect. I was able to connect before my update to IOS 9.0.1.

Other devices were able to connect to the hotspot and I was able to connect the iPad Air to other wireless networks.

A friend who is an IT genius told me that many wireless networks have a BLOCK feature. It allows you to view connected devices and block any devices you want to exclude from your network. If your device identifies with the wireless network as blocked, you will get an Incoorect Password error message, even though you are indeed entering the password correctly. (I guess they think it is better to say the password is wrong than that YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED.

Although I did not place a block for my iPad Air, it identified as blocked after the IOS 9.0.1 update and no matter how many times I entered the correct password, I got the "incorrect password" message.

I turned the block feature off from the AT&T Unite Hotspot and was able to enter the password successfully and connect.

Hope this helps...User uploaded file

Iphone 8.2: WIFI Incorrect Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.