Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting a new iPhone today to replace my faulty one. I have done a back up and will restore my old phone to factory settings as it is being returned to apple. when I set up the new phone do I do it as 'new phone' or restore from backup?

I am getting a new iPhone today to replace my faulty one. I have done a back up and will restore my old phone to factory settings as it is being returned to apple. when I set up the new phone do I do it as 'new phone' or restore from backup?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 12:33 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 12:43 AM in response to lisafromchorley

If you want to keep the settings and other data, set it upas new device and restore after that from the latest backup made by the old phone.

Setting it up as new will install the latest iOS version, after you have set up the phone using your Apple ID, you will be asked if you want to use the latest backup or continue setting it up as new, without any backup data.

To see what data is included in your backup, check this article:

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes

or, if you are using iCloud:

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Get help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.