Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my login password, and have disabled it. This has required it fr me to activate. I have entered the correct Apple ID username and password, and it says "MY EMAIL" cannot be used to unlock this iPad. Please help me!!!

I forgot my login password, and have disabled it. This has required it for me to activate it. I have entered the correct Apple ID username and password, but it says "MY EMAIL" cannot be used to unlock this iPad. Please help me!!! What can I do?? I need to unlock it! I have tried to login with my sister's account but the same message comes, except it has her email there. Please Help!!

iPad Mini

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 1:41 AM

To check if you are using the correct account when trying to reactivate it, if you log into the account on http://www.icloud.com and select the Find My iPhone section of the account, does the iPad show there ? If not then that implies that it isn't the account that it's locked to.

If it does show there then you could try removing it from the account there, and if that doesn't work then try contacting Apple (either at a store or iTunes Support online) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want proof of ownership e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2015 1:41 AM in response to OzManDaBoss

To check if you are using the correct account when trying to reactivate it, if you log into the account on http://www.icloud.com and select the Find My iPhone section of the account, does the iPad show there ? If not then that implies that it isn't the account that it's locked to.

If it does show there then you could try removing it from the account there, and if that doesn't work then try contacting Apple (either at a store or iTunes Support online) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want proof of ownership e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it.

Apr 7, 2015 6:43 PM in response to OzManDaBoss

It's called an "activation lock." It's an anti-theft mechanism. It makes the iPad/iPod/iPhone worthless to a thief. Having said that, there are issues faced by legitimate owners. In those instances, Apple will remove the lock if AND ONLY IF the owner provides a government photo ID and incontrovertible proof (i.e., proof that will hold up in court) that he/she is the owner. This proof must be trackable back to the original owner.

If an Apple Store is convenient, make an appointment with the resident "Genius." Otherwise, you must ship the device to Apple. To make arrangements, call 800-275-2273 in the U.S.A. and I think Canada.

I forgot my login password, and have disabled it. This has required it fr me to activate. I have entered the correct Apple ID username and password, and it says "MY EMAIL" cannot be used to unlock this iPad. Please help me!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.