Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro locked without icloud

Hi, it not fun and it happened on first of april. I worked in osx Yosemite and it freezed, after restart it requires pin lock. So it looks like it was locked, but:

1. I never logged in icloud before and always used skip icloud setup on all devices
  2. laptop belong to me last 2-3 years and not available in icloud for previous user, i have all documents for it
  3. after i logged in icloud in find my devices from ipad i see that laptop is shown as locked on 2 feb.
  4. After 2 feb i rebooted laptop many times and had no issues
  5. email and appleid are not hacked

Other people see in "find my devices" laptops that they never locked, so it looks like a bug.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 1:12 AM

1 reply

Apr 4, 2015 12:29 PM in response to KostyaSha

Hello KostyaSha,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see that your computer has a firmaware lock on it. If you do not know what the firmware passcode is, then you will need to schedule an appointment with either an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

What is a firmware password and how do I set one up? - Apple Support

MacBook Air (Late 2010) and later, MacBook Pro (Early 2011) and later, iMac (Mid 2011) and later, Mac mini (Mid 2011), Mac Pro (Late 2013): Recovering a lost firmware password - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

macbook pro locked without icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.