Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting airport express to BOSE audio system

hello

allow me to introduce my self as a A/V engineer and BOSE PSD supervisor in saudi arabia

my question is:

i have a fully wifi covered villa using an access points and main switch, and also bose speakers every where in the villa connected to a processor (in control room in same cabinet with the switch ).

i want to play and stream music from any area in the villa using airplay, i will connect an apple airport express to the switch using cat-6 cable and i will connect it also to my audio processor using audio cable (kindly check the picture to be the idea clear)User uploaded file

so is it possible to connect it in this way and everything will be ok as i want or you have any other solution ??

best regards

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 1:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 3:19 PM

Are you NOT using Bose SoundTouch technologies? My experience is that is it more predictable than AirPort with Bose equipment. You also need to consider the roaming capabilities of your iPhone and Airplay and 3 different AP's (and the brand of AP). You may have to use the same SSID to allow the roaming to occur. Its an interesting solution, please post back your results. Thank you.

Mark

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2015 3:19 PM in response to abboud32111

Are you NOT using Bose SoundTouch technologies? My experience is that is it more predictable than AirPort with Bose equipment. You also need to consider the roaming capabilities of your iPhone and Airplay and 3 different AP's (and the brand of AP). You may have to use the same SSID to allow the roaming to occur. Its an interesting solution, please post back your results. Thank you.

Mark

Apr 2, 2015 4:39 PM in response to abboud32111

In addition to Mark Fitch's reply, your streaming network configuration should work. Mark mentioned a roaming network. This would imply that your AirPort Express and the three indicated Wireless Access Points would configured as per the following Apple Support article.

In practice, you will most likely find that iOS devices will tend to "hold on" to their connected Access Point and not roam between them as well as wireless laptop computers. This may or may not pose a problem in your scenario. Also, only a single device will be able to stream at a time. That is, you will not be able to stream from multiple devices simultaneously ... regardless if they are streaming the same original source material.

connecting airport express to BOSE audio system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.