Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How rename a song on my iphone device with itunes12 ?

Hi,

Also, I can't do sort by column as for the main library in itunes ?

is it is a restriction ?

Thx

iPhone 5c, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 2:00 AM

6 replies

Apr 2, 2015 10:40 AM in response to DiT_SCaLe

DiT_SCaLe wrote:

Hi,

Also, I can't do sort by column as for the main library in itunes ?

is it is a restriction ?

Thx

When you rename an iTunes song sometimes it will still sort using the original name. It's been a quirk of iTunes since time immemorial. But only sometimes.

You sort on a column by clicking the column heading. Does this not work for you?

Apr 3, 2015 1:41 AM in response to DiT_SCaLe

Hi everyone,

thank you for your reply, they were useful to understand the basics... the songs were copied from my personal macbook pro and i wanted to change the name of the songs on my job's imac !

I use my macbook 2-3 hours a day and my imac 8-10 a day, my personal data are on my macbook but, sorry, you can't change anything on your imac... So frustrating to use Apple, so greedy.

So i find iMazing.

Thx

Apr 3, 2015 5:55 AM in response to DiT_SCaLe

the songs were copied from my personal macbook pro and i wanted to change the name of the songs on my job's imac !

???

You wrote you wanted to change the name on your iPhone...

DiT_SCaLe wrote:

I use my macbook 2-3 hours a day and my imac 8-10 a day, my personal data are on my macbook but, sorry, you can't change anything on your imac...

I can change anything want on my Mac.

Perhaps you should talk with your IT department at work since it is their computer. Likely they have some things restricted.

So frustrating to use Apple, so greedy.

What does this have to do with anything?

Apr 3, 2015 9:36 AM in response to Chris CA

Hi,

You wrote you wanted to change the name on your iPhone..

yes, rename a song in my iphone with itune12.

I can change anything want on my Mac.

Perhaps you should talk with your IT department at work since it is their computer. Likely they have some things restricted.

Restrictions from Apple, try with your iphone and itune with 2 differents mac.

see the fustration ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.