Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6/6 Plus keyboard shortcut doubling/tripling problem

Hi,

I am using Iphone 6, 6 Plus and Ipad with IOS 8.2 installed.I am running all of my idevices on a single icloud ID. The problem is about user defined keyboard shortcuts. I have a large no. of user defined keyboard shortcuts created in my idevices. The number of keyboard shortcuts in Ipad is ok but in Iphones, there are automatically created duplicates of shortcuts (either double or triple copies). If i delete the duplicate shortcuts manually, they reappear after some time or couple of days.

Pls let me know, is this problem related to icloud or IOS or what?

kindly help as this is very annoying to a user like me who is very dependent on shortcuts usage.

Thanks

Ravi

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 2:09 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 6:22 AM in response to ravik78

I attribute that multiplication to multiple merges of icloud settings. In order to avoid or manage it previous operating systems included "documents and settings" switch in icloud. The 8.2 does not have that option. I believe that you should ask apple to get it back, you can feedback them here.

www.apple.com/feedback. I also believe that they will be pressed to put it back, cause right now that can only be fixed (if it can) by cleaning out (resetting settings) on the server side of Apple which requires their involvement for every case like yours. Now since I have no internal info, I do not even know if that cleaning is possible, just thinking out loud.

Iphone 6/6 Plus keyboard shortcut doubling/tripling problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.