Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental access and Time usage control

Hi,

My son has a iPhone4 iOS 8, I try to keep it upgraded. It was mine.

I've turned on Restrictions.

I've activated parental control on my internet access.

But I have no control on usage of the iPhone (access history, time etc..) It seems that it use it always by night.

I've tried to have it on the kitchen all night, without success in fact.

My son has locked the iphone with long password, so it's not easy to upgrade it for the moment. I need him to open it.

Do you think it's possible to develop that we have a "parental" password to access to apple phones... Like administrator session on Mac.

Or is it possible to have a bypass password for "Locate your iphone".

'Cause I can connect it to iTunes,

What about He take mine and put a password, because I do not have one... and therefore I can't access to my own iPhone ?

Could we unlock from iTunes or Locator ? Thx in advance

And Do you know some apps that can lock access to iPhone by time for example : no access from 9PM to 6AM ?

Thx for your help.

NV

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 1:00 AM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2015 1:17 AM in response to nvanlierde

I can control the Wi-Fi use by restricting the usage time in the router settings. Each device has a unique MAC address and you should be able to give or take access privileges on your router. It is also possible to restrict the access to certain pages via a "black list" if necessary, this may not be possible on all router models or with all providers.

If the phone is set up with a different Apple ID than yours and you don't know the password, you can't locate the phone by logging into the iCloud account.

If your phone has no password, and somebody locks it by adding one, your only choice would be setting it back to factory settings:

Forgot passcode or device disabled

However, you could still locate the device via your iCloud account if "find my iPhone" has been activated in Settings/iCloud.

Apr 2, 2015 7:20 AM in response to nvanlierde

nvanlierde

It is possible to setup time limits for Internet usage by turning Safari to OFF in the Restrictions, and setting up a Safe Browser with parental controls like the one from Mobicip. Once you do that, you have complete control over the content allowed by the browser, what time it is allowed or blocked, etc. For step-by-step instructions, follow the tutorials below:

If setup correctly, it is possible to create a safe internet experience on the device and maintain a reasonable level of control on the usage. Mobicip allows you to manage the account remote by logging in at mobicip.com or using a Parent app (available on the App Store).

Disclosure: This response is posted by a Mobicip representative who may stand to gain indirectly from it.

Apr 2, 2015 7:35 AM in response to nvanlierde

nvanlierde wrote:

Thx

but what i was asking to is that we NEED for

parental control a timing usage planning for applications.

That is not an option on an iPhone.

Submit your feedback directly to Apple using the appropriate link on the Feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Meanwhile, take the phone away from the child at night if they won't abide by your rules. Tell the child that, if he doesn't unlock the phone and give you the passcode, you will wipe it. And that you will do that overtime he fails to unlock the phone at your request.

Parental access and Time usage control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.