Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an iphone and an ipad (which are connected by the same apple id) i broke the phone and sold it but i didnt get to factory reset it because it was broken, is there any way for me to wipe my iphone from my ipad?

i have an iphone and an ipad (which are connected by the same apple id) i broke the phone and sold it but i didnt get to factory reset it because it was broken, is there any way for me to wipe my iphone from my ipad?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 1:17 AM

6 replies

Apr 2, 2015 3:52 AM in response to Kasmirahamill

Try this:

Open the "Find my iPhone" app on your iPad, fill in your AppleID and password at the start up screen, and you should see a list of all your devices and their current location, if connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile data network. Devices not connected will be shown as "offline". But you can still trap on the icon and hit "erase iPhone" in the right hand window.

If your iPhone is not listed, you did not activate this feature during the setup of the phone and it can't be erased remotely.

If the phone is listed, even as offline, tap on "erase" to send the erase command. The next time your device will be connected to any kind of network, the content will be erased.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.