Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I have a problem with my iPhone 5s screen.

Hi, I have a problem with my iPhone 5s screen. With auto brightness turned off & brightness turned up full, the screen is only half as bright as my daughters 5c.

However, with screen orientation active, as you turn the screen the brightness level increases for a split second at the bottom as the orientation changes. I have hit a brick wall with this one.

My phone is running the latest software. iOS 8.2 but I have had this problem for a few months now & can't relate it to an update.

I have carried out all the reset/restores to no avail.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 2:05 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 4:13 AM in response to rayme111

Probably the zoom feature enabled, double tapping with three fingers will bring back the screen to normal size again in that case.

You can also press the Home button quickly three times to turn the zoom feature off.

If this should not work, and to find out if the brightness issue is software related, set your device back to factory settings, without using the latest backup.

If the brightness sensor works after that, use the backup to restore from. If the problem is coming back, your backup contained corrupt data.

Also take your protective case or film on your screen off, just to make sure nothing interferes with the sensor.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Hi, I have a problem with my iPhone 5s screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.