Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just had my iPhone unblocked onto any network. I have just put my new Virgin SIM card in and tried to activate it , but it keeps coming up with an error "your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached"? Help

I have just had my iPhone unblocked onto any network. I have just put my new Virgin SIM card in and tried to activate it , but it keeps coming up with an error "your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached"? Help

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 2:32 AM

6 replies

Apr 2, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Jojof71

I hate to tell you this... they hacked your phone. ONLY the carrier it's locked to can authorize unlocking it. It can't be legitimately unlocked at a 'shop'.

First, try restoring it in DFU mode and see if it will at least activate with the original carrier it was locked to. If it will, contact that carrier and find out what their unlocking policy is and what you need to do to qualify.

If it does not work after a DFU mode restore, recycle it responsibly and buy a phone that works. it's hosed.

Apr 2, 2015 1:48 PM in response to Jojof71

I have got the same problem...
I wanted to delete my old iphone to sell it. It told me to deactivate "find my iPhone" and i deleted it - no, i deleted my NEW Phone...

I thought, it was the old one.

Not that all datas, all photos of my little daughter, everything ist deleted, i can't activate it. There is the same message: "because sever action, blabla" - i need my Phone!!!

I only got my language (german, sorry, my english is not that good) an my WLAN, and than the phone tries to activate. It is linked with my Computer, if thats important.

Apr 2, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Jojof71

I Fixed it!

i just restored to factory settings, it took some tries, but it worked after hours!

Just turn the phone down, press home and power button for 10 seconds and connect cable while pressing home button. Than a message comes "somethings with itunes", and i was able to use my backup!

I hope it works for you, and sorry for my bad english!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.