Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My icloud is still registered with an old email address

My icloud is still registered with an old email address which has now been deactivated.

When I try to sign out, it asks me for the password to 'Find my Iphone' and then says it is unable to deactivate this iphone connected with my icloud.

I have tried to change my Apple ID as suggested but I still get the same message.

What can I do as I get asked for my icloud password every 10 seconds.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 2:36 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 4:22 AM in response to jessrees64

Welcome to the Apple community.

If you mean that Find My Phone is asking for a password to a different Apple ID to your current Apple ID and that ID is a previous version of your current ID, not an entirely different one.

This feature has been introduced to make stolen phones useless to those that have stolen them.

However it can also arise when the user has changed their Apple ID details with Apple and not made the same changes to their iCloud account/Find My Phone on their device before upgrading to iOS 7, or if you restore from a previous back up made before you changed your details and some other circumstances.

The only solution is to change your Apple ID back to its previous state with Apple at My Apple ID using your current password, you don’t need access to this address if it’s previously been used with your Apple ID, once you have saved these details enter the password as requested on your device and then turn off "find my phone" and delete the account from your device. It may take a short while to remove the account.

You should then change your Apple ID back to its current state, save it once again and then log back in using your current Apple ID. Finally, turn "find my phone" back on once again.

This article provides more information about Activation Lock.

My icloud is still registered with an old email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.