Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri not working with facbook full site properly

Hi All

We have just purchased an ipad air 2 mainly for my wife as she is has sevral eye conditions, & is ideal for her...

She often uses the facebook full site not app as text expansion is an absoulte god send, however when pulling up the keyboard & hit the mic button to dicate a post the text does appear in post & then immidietly deletes itself...

I'm thinking it may be a siri/facebook full site compatibilty issue as siri seems to work fine other wise...

Not tried it with facebook app as yet, athough she can't expand text on app so is less benifical for her...

It's not a big deal but would love to know of it is a compatibilty/site isssue or is she doing something wrong ??

Thanks all in advance..

Regards

Ed

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 3:10 AM

5 replies

Apr 2, 2015 6:04 AM in response to Ed Barnett

Aloha Ed. Although I already replied in the using ASC Forum I'll repeat my answer in case other people have the same problem. Bob.

The disappearing text started with the IOS 8.2 update. I've seen three workarounds suggested.

When you're done dictating tap the text field on the screen instead of the done button to save the text.

If you tap done, and the text disappears shake your iPad until the undo button appears then tap it.

Also if you tap done and the text disappears tap the screen to bring the keyboard up, tap the .?123 key, then tap the undo key and the text should reappear.

siri not working with facbook full site properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.