Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple photos app for mac - issues exporting

When I want to share photos and movies I want to use good quality files, not the pathetic grainy stuff photos exports.

Please don't suggest using photo share via the apple cloud because most of my friends are on pc's and the apple share experience for pc users irritates them.

How can I get a decent movie file out to dropbox for example? At the moment I see my lovely crisp 800mb movie is reduced to a crappy 9 mb file !

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2015 9:08 AM

You could try running Apple's Compressor 4. (~$50). It is available in the App Store for download.

It does a very good job compressing video material to a variety of formats.

x

3 replies

Apr 5, 2015 9:22 AM in response to Studio X

Thanks , I really appreciate the reply.

In a way, I'm not looking to "compress", almost the opposite. I'd like to be able to export a video file from the (new) apple Photo app that is equivalent the the original file , not a compressed inferior offering !

I must admit . In the past I used iPhotos and Aperture. Now its a mess. The new Photo app won't do what the combination of both apps once did and and using Aperture is impractical now its unsupported nd no longer shares the database in the way iPhoto did . Apple exasperate me sometimes !

apple photos app for mac - issues exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.