Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

@Yahoo emails: not arriving to Mail (but work on IPad & iPhone)

It doesn't seem to make much sense; but I have problems with my my @yahoo emails coming into Mail - but only on my MacBook Pro (OSX10.10.2), other devices do work. So in brief:

1) Email can send out via Mail (Password used for Outbound authentication) - but the same password entered, and emails don't arrive in to my account.

2) Emails will both arrive and send from my iPhone and IPad (IoS) devices.

Efforts to re-set:

- I have logged out and then in multiple times on the webmail.

- I have changed the password on Webmail access, and then copy and pasted across to Mail. (outgoing mail still works, but inbound does not)

- I have changed it via Mail / Accounts and also Mail / Preferences / Accounts

This has happened before about 4 weeks ago, but then came to life after three days.

I suspect a Yahoo server issue, albeit that i can't work out why emails can come to IOS, but not to OS X - but then again i'm no expert so there may be a reason?!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 12:45 PM

Troubleshooting Apple Mail

What does Mail/Window/Connection Doctor Show? If the server is red, select it and look at the Show Details box.

Troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages

5 replies

@Yahoo emails: not arriving to Mail (but work on IPad & iPhone)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.