Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMa Mac. HD MY QUESTION: LOST EVERYTHING ON COMPUTER. HAVE USED DISK 1 AND 2 AND REINSTALLED. IMAIL AND ICHAT WILL NOT SEND.

IMac OS X, version 10.5.8; GHzIntel Core 2 Duo; Memory of GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; MAC HD;

MY QUESTION: LOST EVERYTHING ON COMPUTER. BACKUP DID NOT OR WAS NOT WORKING. I HAVE REINSTALLED DISC 1 & 2 THAT CAME WITH THE COMPUTER. IMAIL WILL NOT SEND OR RECEIVE NOR WILL ICHAT. I HAVE USED APPLE SUPPORT FOR IMAC MAIL AND STILL NO PROGRESS. ??????

DOUGGEN

null-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 1:30 PM

24 replies

Apr 2, 2015 5:48 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes, Webmail does work in a browser with the same criteria, ???

yes, this I did use to set up mail. Have also tried using an addition Account (google on out going mail) and it worked. I is just not the same as when

mail worked and also told me how many new emails came in and the sound would alert us.

Douggen

Apr 2, 2015 6:31 PM in response to DOUGGEN

Hmmm, their info may be out of date, but their site said SSL should be OFF & Port 110.

Some notes on mail...

Open Keychain Access in Utilities, use Keychain First Aid under the Keychain Menu item, then either check the Password under that item, change it, or delete it and start over.

You may have multiple entries.

Open Keychain Access in Utilities, enter the part after the @ sign in the search bar, hit enter

The Password rejection can confuse people since it's a catch all meaning...

This Password, Username, Authentication method... is not recognized on this Port to this Server, more than one entry in Keychain for each in/out entry, or a server end problem.

If using a browser to login via WebMail works it's not Name or Password, but one of the other ones.

The receiving email ports are:

IMAP is port 143

IMAP-SSL is port 993

POP is port 110

POP-SSL is port 995

Outgoing ports are...

SMTP and SMTP-SSL is on ports 25, 587 and 465. Port 587 has to be SSL, and port 465 is enforced TLS-wrapped and is generally used by Outlook users.

Apr 4, 2015 1:55 PM in response to BDAqua

Good afternoon BDAqua.

Thank you for still offering assistance.

The Mail System that came on my mac will now send mail but will not accept incoming mail. incoming comes in to Windstream and Google Mail Accts.

I am still playing will the incoming and outgoing settings---maybe that is my problem, playing with this machine.:-)

iMa Mac. HD MY QUESTION: LOST EVERYTHING ON COMPUTER. HAVE USED DISK 1 AND 2 AND REINSTALLED. IMAIL AND ICHAT WILL NOT SEND.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.