Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging

I can send text messages on my iMac but I don't receive messages that are sent

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 2:15 PM

1 reply

Apr 5, 2015 12:10 PM in response to melfromfort saskatchewan

Hello Mel,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're sending text messages from your iMac, but they're not being received on your iMac.

Make sure your iMac and iPhone meet the system requirements for the SMS feature, as mentioned here:

OS X Yosemite: supported devices for Handoff, Instant Hotspot, Phone Calling, SMS, and AirDrop

Phone Calling and SMS

Requires iPhone with iOS 8 and a Mac with OS X Yosemite. Requires activated carrier plan.

If so, make sure you've enabled these settings to receive both SMS messages and iMessages (from other Apple devices) on your Mac:

• Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.