Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto 9.6.1 Slideshow Places Theme randomly reordering photos - not sure why?

I've manually reordered photos in Library based on location (and manually assigned gps location in info).

After creating slideshow, when I choose 'Places' theme it seems to randomly reorder photos - not just into 'places' order.

Help!

Also, when I use export - the option of creating a quicktime movie seems to have disappeared (custom option gone).

Cheers

Brenda

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.0.x), null

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 1:37 AM

The theme will have layouts for both Landscape and Portrait photos and the reordering is usually caused by it trying to fit the photos to the theme. Exporting always creates a quicktime movie. in later versions there are less options, though.

5 replies

Apr 4, 2015 1:53 AM in response to Brenda!

Thanks for the response guys - I really appreciate the feedback - thought I was going nuts.

I had to go back to 'classic' slideshow - which is a shame as the slideshow was for a school class inter-state excursion and the kids had previously liked the map option to see where they'd been. But after 6hrs of trying to re-order photos I gave up.

I haven't used Iphoto for over a year, but the resulting movie seems to be a lesser quality than the custom option I created in previous versions - this seems strange kind of progress to me?

I have to create a lot of slideshows/movies for our school this year - is the Mac Photos going to be an improvement or should I stick to Fotomagico & Imovie?

Apr 4, 2015 1:54 AM in response to Brenda!

Alternatives to iPhoto's slideshow include:

iMovie is on every Mac sold.

Others, in order of price:

PhotoToMovie $49.95

PulpMotion $129

FotoMagico $99

Final Cut Pro X $299

It's difficult to compare these apps. They have differences in capability - some are driven off templates. some aren't. Some have a wider variety of transitions. Others will have excellent audio controls. It's worth checking them out to see what meets your needs. However, there is no doubt that Final Cut Pro X is the most capable app of them all. You get what you pay for.

Iphoto 9.6.1 Slideshow Places Theme randomly reordering photos - not sure why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.