Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing troubles under Windows 7 64

Hi,

I never solved my troubles with Home Sharing, running under Windows 7 Integral 64

When I start iTunes, it takes a little time to initialize, and my libraries are not shared, iPhone remote does not work, etc...

If I disable all my network cards, then I run iTunes (which starts instantly) , then I re-enable my network card, home sharing works.

No firewall except Windows built in , rules with iTunes are set (and if i close the windows firewall I have the same symtoms)

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Nicolas

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 3:39 PM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2015 3:58 PM in response to NicoRak

You may have a problem with iTunes trying to route sharing traffic using IP6 instead of IP4. Try these steps in Windows:

1. Select Start, then type “Networking and Sharing” to search for the “Network and Sharing Center“.
  2. Choose your active network listed for “Connections“. It’s usually named “Wireless Network Connection 1″, “Wi-Fi 1″ or something similar.
  3. Click the “Properties” button.
  4. If Internet “Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” is checked, uncheck it, then click “OK“.
  5. Click “Close“.

Restart iTunes and try to use the Home Sharing feature again.

Home Sharing troubles under Windows 7 64

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.