Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the info (artist,album,etc) on an MP3 file?

I am editing some mp3 files in GarageBand and I need to put in a different artist and album name. When I export the file from GarageBand and open it in iTunes it says that the artist is me and that it is my album. Any help on how I change it? I need to change the files properties and not just the name in iTunes because I need to upload it to the internet and so the artist name needs to be downloaded with it. I am running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1, iTunes version is 12.0.1.26, GarageBand version 6.0.5 (428.5).

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 2:21 PM

Change the preferences in GarageBand in the "My Info" settings before you create the project: The "before" is important, because a bug in earlier GarageBAnd versions causes GarageBand to ignore the changes settings, if the project has been created with different "My Info" settings.

User uploaded file

You can also enter different settings, when you bounce the song to iTunes using the Share menu:

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2015 2:21 PM in response to StandFirm98

Change the preferences in GarageBand in the "My Info" settings before you create the project: The "before" is important, because a bug in earlier GarageBAnd versions causes GarageBand to ignore the changes settings, if the project has been created with different "My Info" settings.

User uploaded file

You can also enter different settings, when you bounce the song to iTunes using the Share menu:

User uploaded file

How do I change the info (artist,album,etc) on an MP3 file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.