Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just updated my ipod touch to 8.2 then all my songs (except purchased) are gone. All my songs are still on itunes but they have exclamation marks and I can't play them or see them in my ipod. How can I get all my songs back to my ipod?

Just updated my ipod touch 5th gen to 8.2 thru itunes on my surface pro 3, but then all my songs (except purchased) on my ipod disappeared. All my songs are still on itunes but they have exclamation marks and I can't play them or see them in my ipod. How can I get all my songs back to my ipod?

iPod touch, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 1:33 AM

The ! means that iTunes can't find the actual music files. If you can't find the songs files on the computer and reimport them

iTunes: Finding lost media and downloads

then you will have to get the songs into iTunes like you did before

2 replies

Apr 3, 2015 4:24 AM in response to rhieya16

Hello rhieya16

This simply means that the songs are not located

Here's what to do:

1- Delete all the songs with the exclamation mark

2- Go to the folder that you have put your songs in

3- select the ones you want to add to iTunes

4- Drag them to your iTunes library

5- Connect your iPod and sync the songs like you did before update your device

Have a nice day ^_^

Just updated my ipod touch to 8.2 then all my songs (except purchased) are gone. All my songs are still on itunes but they have exclamation marks and I can't play them or see them in my ipod. How can I get all my songs back to my ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.